Thursday 6 June 2013

Watcha Doin' with Lakeshia Ramsey

Author Bio:

Hello my name is Lakeshia Ramsey. I am 27 years old, and as a young child life was not easy for me growing up without my biological mother, being raped on 3 different occasions as well being in an abusive relationship was very hard. It would be for anyone. People that know me look at me and say “you are a strong lady”. Well, you would have thought a smart, beautiful, educated woman as myself would never go through what I have been through. People look and ask how I made it out of the projects? How did I overcome this tragic life that I lived in? I look at them and just say JESUS!!! He is a healer a provider and if you just call on Him He will be there. He brought me out of my mess and blessed me beyond what I asked for. I am happily married and living the life that my Lord has ordered for me!!!   God will use anybody to spread the gospel!! I am still a baby in Christ and some time we all fall short of His glory but if we believe and have faith nothing is too hard for God. All my life I wanted to write a book and God had that in my path but I just had to wait on his calling. So I live and breathe by the word of God.

What inspired you to take up writing?

My trials and tribulations have inspired me to write. I consider my writing to be a blessing from God. I could not sit back and know that god has ordained me to do something and not obey.

What has been your happiest encounter on your journey as a Storyteller?

My happiest encounter on my journey as a story teller has been just blessing people with my testimony. Just being able to spread the gospel along with me telling people how God has blessed me when I did not deserve His grace and mercy.

If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why?

I don’t think I would want to be like anyone else because God has made me the way He wanted me to be.

What is your favorite movie and why?

My favorite movie is ‘Women thou art loosed’ by Bishop T.D. Jakes. The reason this is my favorite movies is because I see myself in that movie. It reminds me of my abuse but it also lets me know that God never gave up on her and He did not give up on me. We might have had trauma in our life but god used our traumas for someone else to get the glory.

Please tell us a little about your latest release and the challenges you faced while writing it.

Right now I only have one book released and that is ‘A destiny god ordained’. The challenges I have faced while writing my testimony is just knowing that the world would read this book and some people that is involved in my book would read this and dislike me even more than before. It was a lot of fear but after praying to God and just asking for peace a week later my book was out and published. He led me to do what was right because this was not about me…this was all for him.

I’ve come across some really rude posts by readers on Amazon about self-published authors. What is your opinion about the lack of respect shown to people on online bookstores (authors and their books or just people in general)?

It is their opinion and they are allowed to have them. Just don't let it keep you from doing what you want to do. If they are on board with a major house then they should count their blessing. Because there is always someone who just may get discovered who takes their place.

Any words of wisdom for our readers:

My words of wisdom would be to keep God in all that you do Nothing is too hard for god. Follow your dreams if you dream it do it.  Remember nothing is ours but everything is God’s Last but not least something that keeps me going is pray about everything and worry about nothing.

I take my hat off, Lakeshia...your bravery is inspiring. Hey Readers, if you would like to see what else Lakeshia's up to, please go to the links below.




 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment