Monday 1 July 2013

Bookworm Galore with Samantha Martin

Tell us about yourself and your blog.

I am 31 years old, married, and have three children. Since I first picked up Green Eggs and Ham I have been an avid and passionate reader. I love reading so much that I got a job working at my local library.

My blog teenblurb.org focuses on Young Adult titles. I am not into spoilers, so my posts give you an idea of the plot of the story and the central conflict, without giving anything away.

When and why did you start book Blogging?

I started blogging in October 2011. I got this idea one day to start a blog that focuses on YA books because there were so parents who wanted to know about a book their teen was reading and if the title was appropriate. So a light bulb burst into existence and my blog was born. Now parents can go onto the blog and decide for themselves if the book will be appropriate for their child.

One of the great benefits of the blog is I can share my passion, promote literacy, and get to know new stories and new authors.

Name your favourite book/s and why.

My favourite book....that is a hard one. There are so many books that I absolutely love. If I had to name a favourite book as of right now, I would pick Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, really the whole Lux series. I can really indentify with the characters in the story.  As I stated in my review on Onyx the second book in the series, “Drop dead gorgeous guys, super powers, books galore, aliens and did I mention scary ‘Men in Black’….oh and blogging, lots of blogging!!!” What’s not to love?

What won’t readers tolerate in a book?

Hmm....I find that what a reader will tolerate and won’t tolerate varies from reader to reader. You have some readers that just can’t stand anthologies, they think of them as teases. Then you have other readers who are sick of the whole “love triangle” scenario.

Personally, I am not a big fan of long drawn out adventures where the hero goes to find something, and still has not found it 300 pages later.

If you could pull an Inkheart, which book would you like to slip into and why?

Oh this is a fun one. I think that I would jump into Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. It would be awesome to be able to attend a school to learn magic. How cool would it be to be able to transform your clothes into beautiful evening gowns, levitate objects, and win the heart of your best frenemy! It is like Hogwarts for delinquents.

What are the things that you love and hate about being a book Blogger?

What I love about being a book blogger is that I can share my love for books with everyone. Being able to connect with people who share my passions is a wonderful feeling.

What I hate about being a book blogger....so far I have not found anything I dislike about blogging. I wish I could speed read so I could review books faster, but all in all, I am content.

Do you have any recommendations for authors or readers who are thinking about starting their own Blogs?

The main piece of advice I can share about starting your own blog is to have fun! This is an outlet for your creative ideas and opinions. Not everyone will agree with you, they might not like the same books you read or write. This blog will not only help promote authors and books, it will give you a since of purpose, a vocation if you will.

Thanks, Samantha! It was great having you with us. Readers, go check out what else Samantha's up to on the site below...

Teen Blurb Blog: www.teenblurb.org





 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment