Thursday 15 November 2012

Unsolved Mysteries

Somehow, documentaries featuring past lives and hypnosis have been flooding the TV channels recently and guess who’s been wallowing in it all? Yes, yours truly. It’s fascinating! The idea that we subconsciously still remember who we were in our past lives just blows my mind—not to mention the implications proving life after death (my father, a very staunch Christian, will probably be shaking his head from heaven but I can always apologize later).

So, being the busy body that I am, I’ve been reading up and came across this site which made me feel like the hairs on my neck were marching in a parade! I gave in my info and got this:

“Your past life diagnosis:

I don’t know how you feel about this but you were female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Western Australia around the year 1375. Your profession was that of a sailor of shoemaker.

Psychological profile:

Inquisitive, inventive, you liked to get to the very bottom of things and rummage in books. Talent for drama and natural born actor.

Lesson from past life to be brought into current incarnation:

There is an invisible connection between the material and spiritual world. Your lesson is to search, find and use this magical bridge.”


Freaky or what?! Those who know me well will know how much truth lies is this diagnosis. I love Australia and have always wanted to live there…am still planning on retiring there when I’m old and grey…something about the country has always pulled at me. I love everything supernatural and my books are about bridging the material and the spiritual world. I’m fascinated and yet terrified of the deep sea (although I don’t know how I could have been a sailor and a woman in the 14th century…I think I should have been having a village full of babies and stocking the fire). Anyway, because every believer also needs to be a skeptic, I’m a little critical about how a website can tell me who I was just by analyzing my birthday.

So, all this got me thinking: are these memories really from our past lives or could it be DNA memory? Is it possible that we are only sharing the thoughts of our ancestors?

“Research into the nature of DNA has revealed that this material within each cell of our bodies has important implications for who each one of us is, on many levels. In addition to determining our physical characteristics, our vulnerabilities to certain diseases, and maybe even our personality, is it possible that the DNA helix holds some of the important memories of our ancestors?...For humans, with our relatively complex brain, feelings and memories, what other kinds of experiences might be saved in our DNA over the many thousands of years when our ancestors were born, lived and died? And, can they be accessed by us here and now?... To conduct our own personal research and to find out for ourselves, maybe all we need to do is listen to our inner DNA. Listen to the voices, feelings, sights and experiences of our ancestors. Their lives, joys and fears are within us. In that way, they are with us always.”—Steve Hammons, http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0706/dnamemory.html

My protagonist Anjeli in The Scarlet Omen keeps having visions of her destiny. In the second novel of my trilogy these visions take on a more important role…implying memories that are probably not her own but those of her ancestors. Let’s see where they take her…

No comments:

Post a Comment